The Navigator’s Table: Μία πρωτότυπη σειρά από τα Renaissance Hotels
Τα Renaissance Hotels, απευθυνόμενα στη νέα γένια ταξιδιωτών, που αναζητά πρωτότυπες πολιτιστικές εμπειρίες, λανσάρουν – σε συνεργασία με τον Chef Andrew Zimmern – μία σειρά από βίντεο, που παρουσιάζει ασυνήθιστες γευστικές εμπειρίες στις πόλεις, όπου βρίσκονται τα Renaissance Hotels. Πρόκειται γα ένα πολύ ενδιαφέρον εγχείρημα προώθησης του γαστρονομικού τουρισμού σε ταξιδιώτες, που θέλουν να γνωρίσουν νέες γεύσεις.
Δείτε τη δήλωση:
Beginning the week of May 3, two episodes a week premiere on RenHotels.com and Renaissance Hotel’s YouTube channel. Zimmern, beloved by millions as the host of the Travel Channel’s “Bizarre Foods”, serves as Renaissance Hotel’s guest Navigator – the hotel’s lifestyle concierge. In this role, Zimmern brings his unique perspective to dinner along with an eclectic guest list featuring chefs, culinary luminaries and local influencers. Together, they indulge in colorful and captivating conversation about food and provide personal perspectives and insider tips on the following cities:
- Chicago, May 3 & 5: Zig-zag from Northside to Southside as Andrew samples sea urchin and grilled octopus before diving into deep dish pizza with guests Billy Dec (Restaurateur), Christina Grdovic (SVP and Publisher Food & Wine), Kara Lichtenstein (Hungry Social), Lee Wolen (Boka) and Louisa Chu (Chewing the Fat). Click here to watch the premiere episode!
- Nashville, May 10 & 12: Andrew gets in harmony with local favorites indulging in goat tartare, squirrel and seafood gumbo and hot chicken with guests Kahlil Arnold (Arnold’s Country Kitchen), Sarah Gavigan (Okatu South, Pop, Little Octopus), Carla Hall (co-host of ABC’s “The Chew” and Chef-Owner of Carla Hall’s Southern Kitchen), Rachele Lynae (Musician) and Pat Martin (BBQ Chef). Click here for a preview of Nashville’s episode!
- New York, May 17 & 19: New York may be the Big Apple, but Andrew is substituting fruit for local duck tarte flambé, freshly harvested seaweed and venison with braised cabbage and sweet potatoes. Culinary luminaries joining Chef Zimmern at various New York dining hot spots in addition to the Renaissance New York Times Square include Dana Cowin (chief creative officer of Chefs Club International), and chefs Daniel Boulud (Chef-Owner of several award-winning restaurants and Feast & Fêtes catering), John Besh (author, chef and restaurateur) and Jose Garces (restaurateur, Iron Chef Winner).
“My whole life has been a journey of discovery, traveling the world looking for the exotic, bizarre and unusual,” said Andrew Zimmern. “I know the difference between good food and good eating and how important it is to try something new and get out of our comfort zone, and I’m proud to bring those experiences to The Navigator’s Table and to Renaissance Hotels.”
In addition to serving as guest Navigator on the series, Zimmern is adding to the brand’s ‘Evenings at Renaissance’ programming worldwide by creating bar snacks inspired by his travels and experiences to the regions where Renaissance Hotels are opening new properties this year. Each dish reflects a different regional cuisine interpreted with signature Zimmern flair. The bar snacks will be available exclusively on June 16, 2016, Renaissance Hotel’s annual ‘Global Day of Discovery’.
- Poutine: A Canadian staple, French fried potatoes served with cheese curds and roasted duck gravy. Inspired by Renaissance Montreal, which opened January 2016.
- Andrew Zimmern’s All-Beef Piedmontese Canteen Dog: The classic New York hot dog reinvented for the modern world. Served with fresh minted kraut, roasted vegetable mayo, house mustard, pickled chiles and herb shake. Inspired by Renaissance New York Midtown, which opened March 2016.
- Duo of Gougère and Pisalladière: A take on a traditional Parisian dish, classic choux paste crisps with gruyère and jambon cuit served alongside the famed caramelized onion tart of Provence. Inspired by Renaissance Paris Republique, which opened April 2016.
- Sate Lilit: Inspired by the cuisine of Bali, a satay made from minced pork and shrimp and mixed with grated coconut, thick coconut milk, lemon juice, shallot, turmeric and pepper. Inspired by Renaissance Bali, opening June 2016.
- Middle Eastern Meze: Influenced by the flavors of Dubai, a meze of spiced eggplant dip, lemon-rice stuffed grape leaves and lamb kibbeh served over hot pita. Inspired by Renaissance Downtown Hotel, Dubai opening December 2016.
“Andrew is the perfect partner for Renaissance Hotels and ‘The Navigator’s Table,’” said Dan Vinh, vice president marketing, Renaissance Hotels. “His love for the unconventional embodies Renaissance’s ethos of providing travelers with unexpected and intriguing experiences that change their perspectives and help them see life through a new lens.”
At Renaissance Hotels, a guest’s trip is about much more than the 9 to 5, it’s about making time for the #5to9 with a world of cultural discoveries, interactive music offerings, epicurean adventures, indigenous arts and cultural experiences. The Renaissance Hotel’s updated Navigator app helps facilitate discovery by providing guests with a more personalized experience while staying at any of the nearly 170 locations around the world. Guests can discover local neighborhood “Finds” that are curated and updated regularly by the hotels’ Lead Navigator including where to Eat/Drink/See & Do/Shop. In addition, Navigators are also available on site to “Show & Tell” with guests to personalize and tailor their “Finds.”